Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Pleasing Drama.

October 9, 2008














Dear the-girl-who-wishes-me-ill,

So I’ve been told you have nothing to lose,
And therefore, it is a mistake for me to weave a web of compromise with you.

I wish you would look at yourself in the mirror.
And realize that you are your own beautiful person.
You have yourself that you need to accept, nurture, and care for.

You have this fear which you let consume your brightness.
You have these doubts which you let cloud your actions.
You have this weight which you let drown your soul.

He is not a harbor, nor is he a map that will guide you back home.
Do not allow anyone that power. That is your own sacred right.
You see, your insecurities make me pity you.
They make me sad. They make my senses hurt. They make me weep for all us women.

I wish you would look at yourself in the mirror.
And realize that all the journeys you have to take will be on your own.
Life is a storm, and you must weather it on your own.

I do not know what to say to you.
I do not know how to make you realize that you are worth more than this.
I do not know how to let you know that you are beneath all this.
I do not know how to make you understand that you do have everything to lose.
You have your self respect to lose.
You have your dignity to lose.
You have your soul to lose.

This sea of emotions, regrets, and frustrations does not let you accept the shore in sight.
This night of jealousy, pettiness, and tantrums does not let you welcome the light of day.

I wish I could make you understand that you are hurting not only yourself,
But every woman and girl.
I wish I could make you realize that you are allowing your soul to slowly fade in the distance.

Please just allow your true inner beauty to rise above this chaos of esteem.
Because I believe you DO have something to lose…the bad taste of it all,
Yes, and please realize that it has overstayed its welcome. .

Love,
The-girl-who-wishes-you-well.


Image (Untitled, Silver Gelatin 2007)

No comments: